- What is the preppy style?
- What does the preppy style convey?
- preppy style clothes
- 10 preppy looks to inspire you
He preppy-style It is one of the trendy styles that is maintained year after year because it reinvents itself each season to update and integrate the trends of the moment. And, beyond Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and Lacoste, other haute couture houses also bet every season on That good schoolgirl aesthetic that continues to attract Do you want to know your keys? Keep reading!
What is the preppy style?
The preppy clothing style was born in the United States and is inspired by the the fashion of university elites from the east coast of the country, as Harvard, Yale and Princetonin the 1950s and 1960s. The term “preppy” comes from the word “preparatory”, as this style has become associated with elite private high schools and universities.
It is characterized by classic and timeless garments, such as chinos, basic long-sleeved button-up shirts, knitted sweaters, blazers, pleated skirts, polo dresses and loafers. reasons like squares, stripes and diamondsand basic colors like navy blue, green, red and white.
This style is also associated with clothing and accessories such as scarves, sunglasses and canvas bags, all neat and of good quality. Many also belong to the most exclusive sports field, such as the tennis and golf clothing.
What does the preppy style convey?
The preppy style in fashion conveys an image of cleanliness, elegance and refinement, which is inspired by the university and school fashion of the American university elite. That’s why it’s a style associated with people from wealthy families, who have studied in private schools and elite universities, and who have a refined taste for timeless and classic fashion.
The most characteristic clothes and accessories convey an image of responsible and serious person.
What is Retro Style? Looks and tips for wearing it
preppy style clothes
This college aesthetic is based on clothing neutral tones combined with basic colors in plain fabrics or with classic prints.
- Long Sleeve Button Down Shirts: They are a staple of the preppy style. They are usually in neutral and basic colors, with good quality cotton fabrics.
- chino cut trousers: they are an essential part of the preppy style. These are dress pants with a straight cut, made of cotton fabric and usually in colors such as beige, khaki or navy blue.
- knitted sweaters: They are a common garment in this style and are usually made of wool or cotton and have a classic design, such as the diamond pattern or stripes.
- Blazers: blazers are a classic and elegant piece of clothing that is used in this style in dark colors, such as navy blue or gray, and they are made of good quality woolen fabrics.
- skirts pleated: They are usually in classic colors and made of good quality fabrics, such as cotton or wool. Pichis are also unavoidable.
- Polo dresses: these are cotton jersey dresses inspired by tennis and golf clothes.
- shoe: moccasins and ballerinas are typical shoes of the style, in addition to the classic tennis-type sports.
- AccessoriesHeadbands and naïve-looking ties are not lacking in this type of look, as well as ties – also feminine –, barrettes and brooches.
What is the bohemian style? Looks and tips for wearing it
10 preppy looks to inspire you
Preppy Looks: Hailey Bieber
Brands like fila have recently opted for this collegiate-style look in their collections, as have other companies such as Miu Miu, Prada and Louis Vuitton. In addition there are brands like Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Burberry and Tommy Hilfiger who are referents for this style.
Preppy look: Pilar Rubio
Even if not in your comfort zonethe presenter chose for a photocall this preppy look in a sober style combining pleated houndstooth skirt, shirt and jacket.
Preppy look: Tamara Falcó
The socialite is quite a national reference when it comes to preppy-style fashion and specializes in all kinds of casual everyday looks.
Preppy look: Chiara Ferragni
In her carefree and daring style, the it girl sometimes flirts with preppy clothes that give her that collegiate aesthetic a glance.
Preppy look: Amaia Salamanca
This look from the actress is a perfect example of how to wear the college style to an event style. The touch of the bow mixed with the baby collar and the ruffled mini skirt create a perfect combo.
Preppy looks: Rosalia
The singer he brought the preppy style to his country in a tartan plaid ensemble that was almost reminiscent of a college uniform. As? With an oversized pattern, a taupe tank top and platform loafers.
Preppy look: Teresa Andrés
The influencer looks like no one chic style with sportswear, in this case, the tennis court. A classic polo shirt and matching denim skirt give a classic preppy look.
Preppy look: Sara Fructuoso
The looks of this influencer are pure preppy inspiration: pleated skirt, varsity sweatshirt and shirt with outer collars. Copy from top to bottom!
Preppy look: Marta Lozano
The influencer updates this college style with a short pleated skirt which shows the pockets underneath and a crop top.
Preppy Looks: Alexa Chung
How to give a preppy touch to a guest dress? With the infallible touch of a white shirt coming out of the collar and cuffs. In the purest style of the it girl!
Figure: FAQ page